Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Picking up Sewing

For Mother's Day, Paul got me a sewing machine which I've wanted for a long time. I haven't had as much time to play with at as I would like, but I have begun a few projects and I was even able to finish this latest one. I don't know about everyone else, but I haven't been able to find an affordable diaper bag that has as many pockets as I would like, is the size I would like and has the right design. So my friend Eevi turned me on to this wonderful book of baby crafts from the library and I knew I had to make my dream diaper bag.


Don't you love the big flowers? And there are pockets on both ends on the outside as well that are perfect for a bottle or a sippy cup or a water bottle. The only thing that I wanted that it doesn't have is a snap to keep it a little bit more shut, but I'm really happy overall with how it turned out.

4 comments:

  1. Heather that is gorgeous!!! You should go in to business! I would buy one! Seriously!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Heather I love it! The stiped inside is so cool with the floral outside! Beatiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. You don't know me, but I used to be in Campbell ward with you. I was just blog browsing and saw that you went to Snowflake for July 4th. My family is from there and we have been in the barn your kids are sitting in front of with the plastic horse. It is an incredible creation. Do you know Sank Flake (the man who owns it)? I thought you might be related to him and would then be related to me. Isn't Snowflake great!

    ReplyDelete