Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Recent Activities

James and I have been keeping very busy recently. We've been to the park a few times where James is becoming a master at going down the slide. It scares me sometimes because he thinks he's bigger more adept at navigating through the playground than he really is. Unfortunately, he's discovered the joy and challenge of climbing up the slide which is never a good idea when there are so many kids on the playground.




James has also been keeping Daddy busy by insisting on horse rides. He again has to show his dare-devil side by trying to do it with no hands, and then when you least expect it, try to jump off one side. But most of the time, he lands on his feet (somehow).




I made my first attempt at cooking with James' help the other day. It was relatively successful because the cookies did get made without any of the strange ingredients that could have made it in there, courtesy of James. He did like to play with and eat the flour, though, as seen in the pictures.


Possibly my favorite thing that James has started doing, though, is eating with a voracious appetite. Sometimes I look over to where he's eating and see his finger holding food in his mouth because he can't quite close his lips around everything he's tried to stuff in there.


One thing that I wish he'd stop doing, though, is making this face at me. It's so hard for me not to laugh.


A week or so ago, it rained here in Tucson and there were puddles. James walked through one and saw how much fun he could have, and I couldn't resist getting a video of it.


But his favorite thing to do nowadays is play with his new set of blocks.

2 comments: