Monday, March 23, 2009

Our Day at the Park



We brought James to the park the other day and let him go down the slide for the first time. He wasn't sure whether he liked it the first time down the slide, but after climbing back up the stairs and standing at the top of the slide, he knew that this was something he had to do again...and again...and again. I think he went down the slide 20 times before he started looking for something bigger and better. I took him down the big slide a few times and he really seemed to enjoy that as well. We tried the swings, but they had some weird swings that I'd never seen before. They had the normal ones for older kids and then they had some that looked like a captain's seat, but it didn't have anything to secure them with, so we didn't really want him to try it. He wasn't sure what to make of the wood chips. He would pick them up and look at them, but I think the texture deterred him from actually trying to put it in his mouth. Always curious, he decided that after he'd had enough of investigating the wood chips, he would see what all the rest of the playground was about. So he tried to climb up several things--including the slide--that were way to hard for him. When he started throwing a tantrum because he couldn't do it, I knew it was time to say goodbye to the park for the day. We're excited about bringing him back and letting him try the slide again.

5 comments:

  1. What a fun day!! Can't beat Arizona's great weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh little J at the park.
    I love it that he has discovered the joys of the slide

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather! What the heck! I was just coming back from vacation and I was planning a girls night out and when I said your name for the invite list Stephanie said you moved!??? Where are you? And are you there permanently? When do I get to see you again? I'm super sad. Call me of write back I got to hear whats up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it was a sudden thing. We were pretty sure that Paul was going to get this job in Arizona and we knew that we weren't getting any of the jobs that he applied to up there, so we decided to move. Our last Sunday there was Stake Conference and we went to the Stake Center for that, so we didn't even get a chance to say goodbye to very many people. We will be coming up and visiting every so often though because my sister in-law still lives there and my in-laws have that house. So I'm sure we'll see each other a couple times a year. I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to say goodbye. But I'll see you this summer, and we'll have to have a girl's night out then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool Heather, I'm glad all is working out. I'll miss you but will have fun when you visit.

    ReplyDelete