Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Car Crash



Paul, James and I were travelling to Las Vegas so that we could catch a cheap flight to Idaho to visit my family. On the way, we stopped off to get a little In N Out Burger. While Paul had his head out the window at the drive thru, ordering our food, an 18 year-old kid, hit us from behind. His excuse was that he had tried to put his car in park and it just kept going. From the look of the pictures, I think that he should have actually tried stopping first, before he tried putting it in park. It's a little obvious with the damage of the car that it was hit with a little more force than a car just rolling forward because it wasn't put into park properly. Oh well. We didn't get to go to Idaho, but luckily for Paul and me, we stopped at the In N Out Burger that is not too far from my sister's house. So we stayed the weekend with her instead and went to the beach. That was loads of fun. My sister, Belinda, and I were very brave (for it being the last day in February) and we got in up to our necks...well I did anyway, she didn't quite make it that far. The tide was going out, so it was all we could do sometimes to not be swept out with the waves. We were shell-seeking for Belinda's kids. They were so excited with each new shell that we brought up. Probably the best part was Bekah (Belinda's 8 year-old daughter) screaming at the top of her lungs each time she saw a big wave coming. I actually appreciated it because sometimes I wasn't being terribly observant and a wave would hit me from behind and I'd almost do a face-plant. It was great, though. And really warm when we got out of the frigid water.

1 comment:

  1. Holy smokes! What a bummer! I'm so sorry about that. I hope all is going good with fixing the car. I'm glad you are okay.

    Just so you know allegiantair.com has great cheep flights to Vegas from Monterey. Sometimes $29!!! for one way! That would be cheaper then gas, time, and food stops. Then you could get on another plane to Idaho from there.

    ReplyDelete