Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Our California Adventures: Day 1

Last Sunday, my mother in-law called me and said, "I found a ticket for a great price from Tucson to San Jose tomorrow. How would you like to come and visit?" I said yes (of course) and James and I flew out Monday to California. We didn't get to Grandma's house until late in the evening, so we pretty much just rested an hour and then went to bed. Grandma had a wonderful day at the aquarium planned for Tuesday. I was a little worried about how James would like the aquarium, but he loved all the little kids areas they have there.

The otter exhibit was fun, but there were too many people there for James to see the actual otters, but he loved this kids' exhibit where you push the button and the otter goes around and around. He pushed it for seriously five minutes.


James was enthralled by the the little shrimp. I think his favorite exhibit was the sardines. The exhibit is up above your head in a dome and they just swim around and around. He LOVED them!
My personal favorite exhibit were these little...umm...actually I'm not sure what they are, but aren't they neat? They're like a mix between worms and eels.


We spent about 2-2 1/2 hours at the aquarium and as evidenced by the following picture, James was ready to go by the end. It was past his nap time and it was lunch time, so the fit was pretty understandable.

No comments:

Post a Comment