Thursday, February 19, 2009

Our Walk




So I guess I need to just see more of the exciting in the day-to-day things that James and I do all day because nothing really substantial has happened in the last little while, but I feel like I need to write. Otherwise life will have slipped by in the day-to-day and I won't have documented the things that will eventually have made up my entire life.


James is as cute as ever. I babysat for my sister in-law yesterday and took her twin girls and James on a walk (luckily Jill had left her triple stroller over here so that it was possible). I didn't get a chance to take pictures then, but it was a blast watching James and the girls get so excited about the walk. In the beginning, the girls wanted Paul and me to jog so that the stroller was going fast. We did this, and the girls laughed in delight while James just stuck his tongue out while grinning as widely as he could. When Paul and I were tired of jogging, we came up with the brilliant idea to see if the girls wanted a turn pushing. They of course did, so they took turns helping to push the stroller. They were hilarious because they took it so seriously and pushed as hard and as long as they could. Lily was amazing pushing it all the way up the hill (with my help) and keeping a very fast pace for such a little girl.


Today, James and I went on a walk down to the ocean. Although I don't think James really understands the significance of how much water he's looking at, he is interested in how the waves crash on the rocks. When we were walking past the marshes, it was amazing to hear the chorus of bullfrogs. They were so loud and there were so many of them. I wish that I'd seen one, but they're really good at hiding in the rushes. These pictures of James are during the walk and at the very end, once we got back to the house.

1 comment: